On behalf of the African American Film Critics Association, I would like to invite to join our organization. Please review our criteria for membership below.
Gil Robertson, Co-founder, African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA)
Membership in the African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA) is by invitation only at the direction of the Board of Governors. The Association’s membership roster is limited to candidates whose principals and values are consistent with our organizational goals. We invite you to be considered for membership and become a part of AAFCA.
AAFCA Member Benefits
- Complimentary AAFCA quarterly newsletter.
- Member spotlight on AAFCA website.
- An opportunity to participate on the Voting/Nominating committees for the NAACP Image Awards, Soul Train and BET Awards.
- Professional interaction with a network of film journalists.
- Professional network opportunities with industry professionals – DGA, WGA, SAG
- Special “AAFCA” only forums with industry professionals.
- Lecture opportunities to college groups and film festivals.
- AAFCA discounts to select film festivals.
- AAFCA discounts for industry award shows.
- AAFCA member discounts for journalism conferences.
ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP: $50.00
An active member is defined as a member who writes regular film criticism for print, radio, online and Television based in the United States of America, with a minimum 24 to qualify for consideration. Active member must demonstrate a consistent presence in the critique of films released commercially in the United States of America.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP: $35.00
An associate member is defined as a member who writes regular film coverage for print, radio, online and Television. Associate members must demonstrate an affiliation with an established media entity by providing a written letter (on company letterhead) qualifying such affiliation. A minimum of 12 samples of professional quality film critique’s (print, radio, TV) is required for consideration.
ACADEMIC MEMBERSHIP: $35.00
Candidates for Academic Membership are required to work @ a fully-accredited Academic Institution in Mass Comm., Liberal Arts or TV/Film disciplines. Please submit a query for consideration at email@example.com.
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP: $15.00
Students who are attending an accredited college or university; and are majoring in journalism or broadcast media.
Please click button below to complete your application online. Then mail the appropriate membership fee to:
324 S. Beverly Dr.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212