On behalf of the African American Film Critics Association, I would like to invite to join our organization. Please review our criteria for membership below.
Co-founder, African American Film Critics Association (AAFCA)
There are four membership categories for the African American Film Critics Association:
|ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP: $50.00
An active member is defined as a member who writes regular film criticism for print, radio, online and Television based in the United States of America, with a minimum 24 to qualify for consideration. Active member must demonstrate a consistent presence in the critique of films released commercially in the United States of America.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP: $35.00
An associate member is defined as a member who writes regular film coverage for print, radio, online and Television. Associate members must demonstrate an affiliation with an established media entity by providing a written letter (on company letterhead) qualifying such affiliation. A minimum of 12 samples of professional quality film critique's (print, radio, TV) is required for consideration.
Students who are attending an accredited college or university; and are majoring in journalism or broadcast media.
Please click button below to mail your completed application along with the appropriate membership fee to:
AAFCA 1750 Powder Springs Rd. Ste, 190, PMD 134, Marietta, GA 30064
or sign up online by filling out form below
AAFCA Member Benefits
- Complimentary AAFCA quarterly newsletter.
- Complimentary seating for you and (5) guests to attend AAFCA Awards.
- Member spotlight on AAFCA website.
- An opportunity to participate on the Voting/Nominating committees for the NAACP Image Awards, Soul Train and BET Awards.
- Professional interaction with a network of film journalists.
- Professional network opportunities with industry professionals – DGA, WGA, SAG
- Special “AAFCA” only forums with industry professionals.
- Lecture opportunities to college groups and film festivals.
- AAFCA discounts to select film festivals.
- AAFCA discounts for select professional services (for example, AAFCA members receive 20% discount on printing supplies at Fisher Graphics in Los Angeles; 20% discount on LA/NYC car service – Elite Transportation).
- AAFCA discounts for industry award shows.
- AAFCA member discounts for journalism conferences.
The African American Film Critics Association is proud to announce 2010 partnerships with the following partners:
- United Negro College Fund
- Thurgood Marshall College Fund
- Pan African Film Festival
- International Nashville Black Film Festival
- Peachtree Village International Film Festival
- Organization of Black Screenwriters
- The DGA African American Steering Committee